Accountants can be evaluated by three professional bodies for migration purposes:
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- The Institute of Public Accounts
- CPA Australia
Before submitting a visa application, accountants travelling to Australia must pass a skills assessment. Bansal Immigration Consultant advises you on what is necessary for Accountant skill evaluation and prepares professions for assessment. Please contact us at the number listed on our website.
- Before submitting a visa application, accountants travelling to Australia must pass a skills assessment.
- A qualification that is regarded comparable to at least an Australian Bachelor's Degree is required. Membership in a recognised professional accounting organisation outside of Australia is considered to be comparable to a Bachelor's Degree in Australia.
- Your qualification must cover the following necessary competency areas in order to fulfil the educational requirements for your specified occupation:
- Accounting Systems and Processes
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Management Accounting
- Audit and Assurance (Optional for ANZSCO 22113 and 221213)
- Business Law
- Taxation Law (Optional for ANZSCO 221111, 221112, 132211 and 221213)
- Quantitative Methods
- Applicants will also be required to have evidence of suitable English language competencies. The English language proficiency is mandatory for ALL applicants – there are no exemptions. CPA recognizes the following English tests:
- IELTS Academic
- PTE Academic
- TOEFL iBT
CPA Australia can assess your qualifications and skills for the following occupations:
- Accountant (general) (ANZSCO code 221111)
- Corporate treasurer (ANZSCO code 221212)
- External auditor (ANZSCO code 221213)
- Finance manager (ANZSCO code 132211)
- Taxation accountant (ANZSCO code 221113)
Occupations that are assessed are:
Accountant (general) – 221111: May apply for visas 189, 190, 489, 485 Graduate work stream, long term 482, ENS 186, and RSMS 187.
External Auditor – 221213:Can apply for the 189, 190, State-sponsored or relative-sponsored 489, 485 Graduate work stream, long-term 482, ENS 186, and RSMS 187 visas.
Finance Manager Manager – 132211: Eligible for the 190, State-sponsored 489, short-term 482, or RSMS 187 visas.
Management Accountant – 221112: May apply for visas 189, 190, State-sponsored or relative-sponsored 489, 485 Graduate work stream, long term 482, ENS 186, and RSMS 187.
Taxation Accountant – 221113: May apply for the 189, 190, 489, 485 Graduate work stream, long term 482, ENS 186, and RSMS 187 visas.
The following items must be included in your application for a skills assessment by CPA Australia:
- Passport (photo page) or national id card
- Evidence of a name change (if applicable)
- Academic honours that are official
- Official academic transcripts, including transcripts from previous courses if you have acquired degree exemptions
- Detailed syllabus for all qualifications that are not CPA Australia recognised.
- Qualification from a professional body (if applicable)
- Membership certificate based on exam results
- Proof of English language ability
- Third-party permission (if a third party such as a migration agent is acting on your behalf).
Check that any credit card or tax file number information has been deleted or blacked out (redacted) from your supporting papers.
Document scans must be high resolution (300dpi or greater) and in color.
Time Required for Processing
|Reside in Australia
|Amendments in Application (In Australia)
|Amendments in Application (Outside Australia)
- CPA Australia offers a turnaround time of about 10 working days.
- It also relies on the number of applications received
- To be considered for skilled employment, you must present a letter from your company stating:
- Is written on the official letterhead of the hiring company. The letterhead should clearly state the company's entire address as well as any phone, email, and website information.
- The name and position of the person authorised to sign the employment reference or testimonial, as well as the authorised person's signature, should be included. References from applicants' coworkers at the same or lower level will not be considered.
- Include the individual writing the reference's work phone number and email address. There will be no personal phone numbers or addresses accepted.
The testimonial must include:
- Your job history's specific start and finish dates. Multiple positions must be specified individually within the same organization.
- Your needed weekly working hours
- Each position has its own set of duties or obligations.
- held positions
- Whether you were in a permanent or temporary position,
- Whether you worked full-time or part-time,
- The salary received.
If you are unable to get an employment reference on business letterhead, you may utilize a statutory declaration.
Third-party documents, such as taxation certificates, job contracts, pay slips, and any other necessary material that validates employment, must also be included.