This skill assessment allows engineers to have their school credentials and employment evaluated, which is useful for migration considerations.
You must apply for a Migration Skills Assessment online, selecting the option that corresponds to your membership eligibility.
- Choose the Australian Qualifications track if you have Australian Accredited Qualifications.
- Choose the Accord Pathway if you have Accord Qualifications.
- After completing a Stage 1 Assessment, select the CDR track.
If you want extra services (such as evaluation of Skilled Employment and/or PhD comparability, for example), assessment costs will apply.
Please keep in mind that the Engineering Occupation and Category of the Migration Skills Assessment conclusion may change from the Stage 1 assessment result.
Before you apply
Please review the processes below to examine your engineering qualification for migration reasons.
- The first step is to select an evaluation pathway.
- Then you must log in to myPortal to begin filing your application.
- Engineers Australia requires all candidates to provide confirmation of English language fluency in order for their abilities to be evaluated.
English test results that should be presented as part of the skills evaluation
The three test results which are currently acceptable are IELTS, TOEFL iBT® and PTE ACADEMIC
TOEFL, PBT and Cambridge English tests are currently not accepted.
Accepted scores for English competency test
The minimum required scores for each module are indicated below :
The validity of an English test result
Your English test result must be no more than two years old on the day your application is received.
Limited engineering experience
- Even if you have insufficient engineering experience, you can still apply for an engineering qualification evaluation.
- Work experience is not a prerequisite.
Have different spellings of your names on different documents?
In the event of such a discrepancy, you must present formal name change documentation, which may include:
- Marriage Certificate,
- A Gazette Publication, and
- An Official Letter/Certificate issued by Registry.
An Affidavit or Statutory Declaration will not be recognised as an official name change document.
Engineers Australia would generally accept the name on your passport to be your official name.
Submitting your Application
If you already have a CID or a membership number, please enter it here. Should you get a new EA ID number?
- A migration agent will create an EA ID on your behalf.
- You must supply your agent with an EA ID number, a CID number, or a membership number
- If you do not yet have a phone number, your agent will be able to provide you with one.
No, you should continue to use your existing Engineers Australia ID number and merely apply for a password.
Adding additional services (such as a Work Experience Assessment or a PhD Evaluation) to an already launched or submitted application
- In this instance, the applicant must cancel the unsubmitted application by selecting cancel and begin a new application.
- At the beginning of each new application, you may pick the type of service you desire and then add the extra services to your new application.
- Please keep in mind that an applicant cannot add additional services to an already submitted application.
- After I've filed and paid for my application, I'm adding papers to it.
- You will not be able to add documents after submitting your application
Cancelling my application and getting a refund
- If the status of your application is "Awaiting Assessment" and you believe it was filed wrongly, you may cancel it by sending an email to member services.
- When you submit a new application, your application processing time will be reset.
Including certified copies in an online application
For online submissions, only high-resolution colour scans of original papers are permitted.
Do I have to upload all my documents at once?
- It is extremely recommended that you have all of your documentation ready to go before beginning an application.
- An application can be completed and submitted in up to 60 days.
- If your application is not submitted within this time frame, it will be immediately revoked, and you will have to start over.
Documents for an online application
- Documents must be high-quality colour scans of original documents with at least 300 dpi resolution.
- Online applications do not accept certified or black-and-white papers.
- Where papers are not in English, you must upload both the original language documents and English language translations.
During your Evaluation
The result of an online application.
- Your result letter will be emailed to you.
- If you have a nominated migration agent operating on your behalf, your result letter will be forwarded to your agent by email instead.
Adding more services to a previously successful application (lodge a Secondary Application)
Are you unhappy with the assessment's results?
- Following a favorable results, you will be able to apply for or add additional services, such as Relevant Skilled Employment and/or Overseas PhD evaluation, by submitting a Secondary Application based on your prior result.
- This new Secondary Application will be forwarded directly to your case officer for review.
Are you dissatisfied with the review's outcome?
- You must apply for your application to be reviewed.
- During a review, your application will be assessed by an impartial assessor, and you will be notified via email of the outcome of your review.
- It is possible that a review will take up to eight weeks.
- A review can be sought just three months after obtaining the original evaluation result.
- If you are still dissatisfied with the outcome of your review, you may file an appeal.
- An application for an appeal may be lodged only after the Review conclusion has been obtained.
- Your application will be evaluated by an Independent Review Panel of Professional Engineers during an Appeal
- You will be advised of the outcome of your appeal by email.
- At this point, an appeal might take up to nine months.
- An appeal must be filed within six months of obtaining the initial assessment result.
- Please keep in mind that the result of the Appeal is FINAL in the review process.