Master to Diploma Student Visa (Sub-Class 500)
The Student visa (subclass 500) permits you to stay in Australia for up to 5 years if you are studying full-time at an educational institution.
You can do the following with this visa:
- Participate in an approved course of study
- And include your family members (your partner or you and your partner's dependent child) in your application.
- Apply online from anywhere in the world, including Australia.
- Once your course begins, you can work up to 40 hours every two weeks
What are the eligibility criteria for the Student visa 500?
- You must be enrolled in an appropriate substantive visa in Australia
- have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) or fall under one of the exemption categories.
- You must be 6 years old or older
- have a welfare arrangement if you are under 18.
What is the process for applying for a Student visa 500?
- If you live outside of Australia, apply for a visa at least 6 weeks before the start of your study.
- Allow plenty of time before your current visa ends if you're in Australia, as you may need a longer time if there are any issues.
- Gather your papers using the Document Checklist Tool. The Document Checklist tool is updated twice a year, on March 31 and September 30. Make sure you have the most up-to-date list.
- This visa can be applied for online from within or outside of Australia.
- Create or log into your Immi Account, upload documents, and pay the visa application fee.
What is the cost of the Student visa 500?
For the primary applicant, the cost of the Student visa 500 starts at AUD$630. Each family member who applies for a visa will be charged. You may use the Visa Pricing Estimator to figure out how much your visa will cost.
What is the processing time for the Student visa 500?
Processing time frames vary depending on whatever field you're applying for, however they can range from:
In the Higher Education Sector, 75% of applications were received in 29 days, while 90% were received in 42 days.
In 43 days, 75% of applications were received; in 77 days, 90% of applications were received for the Vocational Education and Training Sector.