Skilled Regional Visa
This visa is for those who have lived and worked in specific regions of rural Australia on a previous visa that qualifies them.
This visa permits you :
Stay Duration: –
- This visa permits you to enroll in a study program or work anywhere in Australia.
- Support a visit to Australia for a relative
- For 5 years, travel inside or outside of Australia. If you wish to travel after the original 5-year period, you can.
- To re-enter Australia as a permanent resident, you must apply for and be granted a Resident-Return (RRV).
- Eligibility to apply for citizenship in Australia.
- Certain Australian government payments and perks may be delayed for newly arriving residents.
- Remain in Australia indefinitely
- You can remain permanently because it is a permanent visa.
- If you apply for citizenship onshore, your permanent residency begins the day you receive your citizenship visa.
- If the applicant is from outside Australia, he or she comes on this visa.
- If they presently have an eligible visa, family members could be included to the application as well.
- At the time of filing your application, you must list family members.
- They can be added after you have submitted your application, but not after you have received your visa.
- Family members who seek for a visa must meet the Australian government's health and character standards
- Family members who no longer satisfy the normal definition of a member of the family unit can be included in the application if they have an eligible visa that was obtained on the basis of their being a member of your family unit.
Second Installment: –
- The visa costs AUD415 for the main applicant
- There are additional fees for extra family members applying.
My Eligibility Criteria: –
- Family membes who are 18 years or older who apply for this visa alongside the applicant must pay the Second Installment.
- Has a lower level of proficiency than Functional English.
- Only pay the second instalment if you're asked. It is only charged if a visa will be issued.
- Health exams, police certifications, and biometrics are among the other charges.
- For family members, the second instalment fee is AUD4,890.
Obligations: You and your family members must obey all Australian laws.
- Hold an eligible visa or have held an eligible visa that expired outside of Australia during the concession period have lived in a specified regional area for at least 2 years and worked full time for at least 1 year unless COVID-19 concessions apply have followed the conditions of the eligible visa you hold or have held
- Applicants aged 18 and above must have functional English; otherwise, you will be required to pay an additional fee, known as the second instalment, in order for this visa to be granted. Alternatively, when prompted, pay the second instalment of the visa application fee.
Places to Apply From: –
- The applicant must fulfil the requirements for health and character.
- Family members who seek for a visa must meet the Australian government's health and character standards.
- Statement of Australian Values: – You must sign the Australian values statement, pledging to follow all Australian laws and to support the Australian way of life.
- Have settled any outstanding debts to the Australian Government: - If the applicant or any member of his or her family owes any debts to the Australian Government, these must be paid back.
- If you applied before September 19, 2020, you must be present in Australia for the visa to be approved.
- If you submitted your application on or after September 19, 2020, you can be in or out of Australia, but not in immigration clearance while the visa is being processed.
- Ten months for 75% of applicants
- 90% of applications require a 15-month waiting period.
- Applicants that submit their applications before September 2020 are currently being evaluated.
- Case-by-case evaluations are performed
- The amount of time it takes to process a request is determined on the circumstances
- In addition, if the right visa application fees are not paid, the application will be rejected.
- The following factors can impact the time it takes for your application to be processed:
- If you have submitted an application that is comprehensive, including all supporting papers
- When we ask for further information or papers, how quickly you answer
- The time it takes to double-check the data you've submitted
- The time it takes for other agencies to provide information, which is normally for character and national security reasons.
- A few of spots in the migration program are still available.
- If the application is not completed correctly, it may take longer to process.
- Documents are not supplied in their whole.
In the case of a previously cancelled visa, you will not be eligible.
Your visa will be digitally linked to your passport on the visa label.
Conditions for Skilled Regional Visa (Subclass 887)
There are no conditions attached to a Skilled Regional visa (Subclass 887)